Give your child the gift of yoga. Private lessons are custom tailored to meet your child where they’re at. With over 16 years of teaching experience Melissa has experience teaching to diverse populations including but not limited to; attention disorders such as anxiety, ADHD, and Autism, as well as sensory processing disorders. Through creative play and breathing exercises yoga enables children to become more present and mindful.
Here is a sample of a private class I recently did with an 8 year old boy.
– Practiced mindful breathing as a way to calm and focus (using the breathing ball)
– explored the 7 different ways our spine can move in
– yoga sun dance (sun salutations)
– Learned bat facts while doing handstand prep (against
– played a yoga card game (exploring different poses)
– relaxed and restored in Savasana
– practiced mindful listening with a singing bowl
“I seriously love doing this work and am absolutely thrilled to see the children evolve in there ability to focus and center. This is my passion because emotional regulation is everything. When we have the ability to reflect before we respond, we have the power to choose a life we love and I truly believe the world needs more happy, responsible humans”- Melissa Hawkins